With thanks to the conference sponsors: Carson McDowell, solicitors, Belfast; Journal of Legal History; Law Societies of Ireland and Northern Ireland; Bar of Ireland; Bar of Northern Ireland; Benchers of the Inn of Court of Northern Ireland.
Online booking has now closed - please see the Registration page for further information. The cancellation policy is as stated below.
The updated conference programme is now available from the toolbar above.
Plenary speakers are:
- Baroness Hale of Richmond, former justice of the UK Supreme Court
- Professor Lauren Benton, Barton M. Biggs Professor of History and Professor of Law, Yale University, immediate past president of the American Society for Legal History
- Professor Ian McBride, Foster Professor of Irish History in the University of Oxford
- Dr Timothy Murtagh, research fellow in PRONI and a member of the Beyond 2022 team: https://beyond2022.ie/
- Professor Sir John Baker, Downing Professor Emeritus of the Laws of England
The conference is being co-hosted by the Irish Legal History Society and Queen’s Law School, on 6-9 July 2022
The Bar and Law Society of Northern Ireland have accredited the conference for CPD purposes: please email Norma Dawson for further details of CPD allowances: email@example.com
The conference registration fee is £160, which includes all receptions and the planned visit to Parliament Buildings, Stormont. The conference dinner is not included: delegates can, if they wish, book for the dinner at an additional cost of £50 per person. The student rate for registration is £120.
If the conference is cancelled by the organisers, all registration fees will be refunded in full.
Where an individual conference registration is cancelled on or before 2 May by the person who made the booking, the registration fee will be refunded but for individual cancellations occurring after 2 May, registration fees will not be refunded.
If you have any queries, please use the conference email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Queen’s, Belfast!
Professor Norma Dawson and Dr David Capper
On behalf of the conference organising committee:
Professor Patrick Geoghegan, TCD; John Gordon, solicitor and President of ILHS; Kevin Neary, solicitor; Dr Niamh Howlin, UCD; Dr Conor McCormick, QUB; Dr Coleman Dennehy, UCD; Dr David Capper (QUB); Professor Norma Dawson (QUB).